College and Post-Graduate Apprentice Training Program
Students and post-graduates from the U.S. and abroad are invited to apply to the College and Post-Graduate Apprentice Training Program. Full-time and part-time positions are available to these applicants for advancing their own art training while participating in the daily operations of the FWM studio and museum.
Students design and print an one-color and a three-color repeat yardage, and assist with projects in the artist studio, print production, archives, and administrative departments. Students also have the opportunity to give a short lecture on their own work, visit area cultural organizations, and work with visiting artists-in-residence.
FWM actively recruits a diverse pool of candidates, with a special emphasis on international students. Recent apprentices have come to FWM from nearly every state in the U.S., as well as from Japan, Ghana, South Korea, Germany, Finland, Kenya, Great Britain, France, India, and China.
- completed online application questionnaire
- 20 work samples (attached as .jpg, .tiff, or .pdf; images should be sized to 4 x 6 inches, 300 dpi)
- slide description form (attached as .pdf or .doc)
- resume (attached as .pdf or .doc)
- two letters of recommendation (to be mailed separately by recommending parties)
Candidates are asked to bring samples of their work to the interview.
Supporting materials must be postmarked on or before the corresponding deadline.
The Fabric Workshop and Museum
1214 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107-2816